You must be 18 years of age in order to receive counselling services through this site, or have signed permission from both parents. Youth may be permitted to join family online counselling via e-mails when initiated by an adult family member.
Mental Health Issues
E-mail or Telephone counselling is not suitable for you if you suffer from a serious mental health disorder such as schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder or clinical depression with psychotic features. Arrange for a face to face appointment, or contact your community mental health agency for assessment and treatment of these disorders. Rising Tide Wellness does not diagnose or provide intensive treatment for psychiatric conditions via telephone or e-mail counselling. Nor do we attempt to give advise regarding medication management, which should be managed by your family doctor or psychiatrist.
Please note that neither telephone or online counselling can provide adequate interventions in cases of crises such as child protection, trauma, domestic violence, sexual assault, or suicidal and/or homicidal feelings. In such cases please contact the local mental health, crisis line, family doctor, police authorities, or hospital ER, immediately.
You are responsible for your own actions. Any decisions or actions taken that you feel are a result of the e-mail counselling, remains solely your responsibility.
The links provided are not necessarily promoted by Rising Tide Wellness. You must evaluate site links by their own merit. They are provided for your information and enlightenment.
- E-mail Counselling Session Fees
- The fees for counselling sessions are in Canadian funds. Bank e-money transfers are preferable for online/e-mail counselling. Please contact the site if you need information to send a money order. The money order must be received 48 hours prior to the scheduled counselling session.
- Please note that e-mail and online counselling sessions fees are determined by a sliding fee scale at your initial session.
Rising Tide Wellness does not bill Extended Health Plans, Medicare, Medicaid or any other insurance providers or Employee Assistance Plans. You can discuss potential coverage with your health care insurance provider or your employer. We will give you a receipt for monies paid which you can present to your insurance provider.
- Telephone and Onsite Counselling Session Fees
- Please note that telephone and onsite counselling session fees are determined by a sliding fee scale at your initial session.